GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween Table Runner

This is a repost:

My son was excited about decorating for Halloween this year, so I went up to the attic and began passing down items to the boys and came to the realization that my Halloween collection was measly and pathetic.

First off, non of my creations are ever 100% my own creativity...ever. I see something I love and set out to recreate it for my pleasure. Many times I make tweaks here and there, so it isn't 100% copy either. I was trying to find the site I found this on so I could give that person credit, but couldn't. I did however see many similar. The question I have now is: Where do original ideas come from?? 

Okay, enough of that tangent. Back to craft sharing. I printed off a picture of  a spider web and cut out all it's negative space and then traced it on to black felt. My goodness it was a LOT of tracing. I started with white crayon, not crazy about it. It works, but ever so often you need to wipe the felt off the tip of the crayon. I LOVED using silver sharpie, but that dried out. Chalk works, but I ended up using oil pastels and coloring in the negative spaces, which seemed faster. Then began the snipping. I think it took me two nights of listening to movies as I cut. I went to Hobby Lobby for orange fabric, but came out excitedly with orange burlap. I just cut and frayed the edges with the help from 6 yr old AND 2 yr old.




We share most of our posts at THESE parties. Please click on the link to see these wonderful blogs and make sure you hop over for a visit!
This post was shared at:
Tip Junkie handmade projectsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe DIY Show Off