Well, that's a mouthful. Anyways, about a week before Thanksgiving I had the brilliant idea to make place mats. With the kids' hand prints as turkeys. I managed to stick to reality at first and bought place mats, instead of making them. But things kind of snowballed from there. For sake of variety, I decided to make all the place mats different. The boys' have their own hand prints (2) with some leaves to fill out vacant space. The parents get to have one of each of the boys' hand prints on theirs. And of course a few details were not enough. No, I thought, let's go for feathers and cute turkey legs and details on the leaves too. So, this is how far I got on them by Thanksgiving.
At least I managed to finish 1 completely, and appliqued all the hand prints and leaves on the rest.
Now I just have embroider the details. But hey, I have a whole year to do it!