GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Saturday, December 11, 2010

When the cat is away the mouse gets to play

The "cat" in the house does not let me stay up late to sew or knit or spin or do anything. He makes sure that I am in bed by midnight the latest. But, husband  went camping with the scouts, which means, last night nobody was standing over my shoulder asking me to turn off the computer ( I was looking at fabric) and to put my beads away (and making some bracelets at the same time). Here is what I came up with in the wee hours.
Large porcelain beads paired with Chinese crystals and copper beads.
The next 2 were requested by husband. He needed 2 quick gifts for coworkers, who sent Christmas gifts for our boys. They are simple, but I was not sure what the ladies like and they are older too.

Green garnet, red garnet with freshwater pearls and silver spacers.

An old design revisited, rose quartz with smokey quartz, Swarovski crystals and freshwater pearls.


Simple porcelain beads with silver. A nice t-shirt and jeans match.

Now, for some fabric inspired color combo. Like I said, while I was making these bracelets, I was looking at fabric online. My sister-in-law is having her 6th, a little boy and I offered to make her a diaper bag set. She gets to pick out the fabric. Last night she sent me a link to the fabrics she really liked and that set things in motion. I have a bunch of ideas for that color and fabric combo that I hope to make soon. After I make her diaper bag set of course. In the meantime though, I was able to satisfy my creative side with making bracelets in those colors.

Citron, gray and black. Yellow quartz, with silver gray and black crystals.
I made 2, for variety. They look really nice together.


I need to be done with jewelry for a while. I really have to concentrate on the Christmas gifts I started.