GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Saturday, January 8, 2011

1 1/2 hour skirt

A while ago, my sister-in-law gave me a pair of pants she no longer wanted. A pair of good quality jeans. Except that I did not care for them so much. I could not bring myself to throw them out or wear them.
 I liked the top, the buttons, the details, but not the wide legs. I do not need anything to make my legs look wider. They have been sitting in the garage in a box. Until tonight. I am not sure what exactly reminded me of them. Maybe it was my conversation with Wendy today, about a lady who visits her local Goodwill store a few times a week and refashions a lot of her finds. Anyways, I suddenly remembered these pants. I grabbed them from the box, and started ripping out the seams. Here is my youngest helping me with his scissors. Or, he thinks he is helping.
 While the kids watched a movie, I finished turning the pants into a skirt.
Much better. Since the original pants had wide legs, I did not have to add any fabric. Just ripped out the inseam and sewed it up in the front and the back with leaving room for a slit. I think I may have to make a trip to our local Goodwill store. This was a fun and very satisfying, quick project.