Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Thursday, January 27, 2011

What is your vice? Jewelry, fabric or yarn?

 Last night I had a devious idea. Why not have a little fun and increase postings at the same time?

You have until  February 14, Valentine's Day to make something fun and post it. Then on the evening of February 14, we (me and my 4 handy helpers) will draw a post title to see who gets to have this one of kind, absolutely gorgeous necklace. Here is the fun part. The more you post, the more chances you have to take this beauty home. And if you recommend a friend or family member to be authors on this blog and they post by February 14, you get 2 extra chances to win.

A few details about the necklace. I have had this idea for a while, and last night it finally came together. I used silver plated chain (sorry, can't afford sterling silver anymore), Swarovski pearls and crystals. It is 21 inches long, but it has a lobster claw clasp, so you can adjust the length a bit at least.

OK, so just that we are clear. You cannot grab stuff from last year! It can be something that you made in the last few weeks or even something you started working on, but will not be finished by the deadline. You should have made some progress on your project, just having all the material sitting somewhere does not count.
I have created an e-mail account for the blog, so you can share this link with friends or family and they can e-mail with their e-mail address and who referred them and I will send out an invite.
Now go make something fun!

It has been brought to my attention by a very honest friend, that the necklace (even though pretty) did not tempt her. Could I make something else, maybe sew something? Well, no, I do not really have the time. I already have about 3 bigger sewing projects going at the same time. But, why not share some of my stash?
Cotton print, 1 yd each in brown and blue, ready to be made into something (prewashed).
Then I started thinking about my yarn addict friends...
3 skeins of cotton yarn in fun colors. That's 378 yards of beautiful colors to work with. The winner will get to choose! Necklace, fabric or yarn.

To visitors:
If you would like to be part of our little competition, we would love to have you. Please send an introductory e-mail to