Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The First Owl

We are in the process of setting up a bedroom for the two girls. I'm really excited to go with the owl theme and hope I can pull it off. A lot of the ideas I have I plan on creating instead of buying. It could be a success or it could be a BIG FAT FLOP, so wish me luck...

This little owl was really fun to make and didn't take very long either. I came up with the idea, made the pattern, traced it onto a scrap piece of wood and headed out to the garage. The hubby was still at work, but I was on a role and didn't want to wait for his supervision with the man tools. He taught me well, because I was super careful. I used Mod Podge and scrapbook paper and found matching buttons in my random belongings box.
Here's where I have questions. The orange diamond on the cutting board is the beak. It is paper and you can't really see amongst the flowers. Any suggestions? Also, I'm contemplating thin white rickrack edging the wings??

I'm really excited about these dressers. I got them off craigslist today!! They came with a little matching nightstand. All they need is a fresh coat of paint and they will be perfect for little miss S and R. I don't know if you can see it, but the crack framing each drawer was painted purple and one even blue.