Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Challenge- STASH!

For the first ever challenge on the Show-Tell-Share blog, our theme will be STASH! As in use materials from your overflowing stash of stuff. Remember how you bought those beads, that fabric, that yarn, that interesting skirt from the thrift store, full of excitement and ideas about what to do with it? Or maybe you didn't have any idea what you were going to do with it, but it struck your eye and was such a great bargain you couldn't pass it up. Then you got home and remembered how you have to cook and clean and pay attention to your husband and children, and oh yeah, you already have a million projects halfway done and you should really finish those ones before you start a new project? And somehow that initial inspiration and enthusiasm waned, until those exciting new materials became just so much more unrealized potential, staring at you reproachfully every time you open that drawer/bin/closet and see it sitting there, still waiting for you to get around to doing something with it.

So go "shop the house"! Create something beautiful out of what you have laying around! You may really have to go buy just a little something, button, zipper, etc. to complete a project, but extra points it you can pull it of without buying anything. And you don't have to stop with one, see how much of your stash you can put to good use! You can make something completely from start to finish, or see how many of those half finished projects you can complete and show off! Then at the end of the month, you'll have so much extra room in your craft room/ closet/ bins that you can go out with a clear conscience and pick up whatever strikes your fancy to fill it back up!

You don't have to be a member of this blog to participate, all are welcome. If you have your own blog, send us the link and we'll post it. If you don't have a blog, email us pictures and description of your project(s) and we'll post it.

Think about what you're going to do, and leave a comment on this post. I, for one, have some gorgeous hand-dyed roving that's been sitting around my house since August, sent by a talented and thoughtful friend. I'm going to get out my spindle and finally spin it, then knit something adorable with it. And I'm going to finish the curtains/laundry bag/chair cushion I started for my girls' bedroom, the hooked wool rug I started last June, the adorable memo board I bought $30 worth of fabric for already to put on the blank wall over my sewing machine, the quilt I just have to assemble and tie, the skirts I cut out with my girls we're supposed to sew on together, and if I'm lucky, make the shirt for myself, and dresses for my girls out of those lengths of fabric I found at the thrift store. Wow, that sounds like a lot when you write it all out! I foresee a lot of crockpot dinners for my family this month. How about you, what are you going to do?