GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Make A Multi Strand Necklace With Bead Cones (STASH)

 I have been saving my strands of coral and red garnet beads for a while now. I wanted to make a simple multi strand necklace, but have not been able to find the right clasp. I have been seeing large bead cones everywhere (I got mine at Hobby Lobby) and decided to try to make that work.

Here is the finished product. In the next few pictures I will show you how I did it.
The supplies you will need besides beads and stringing material. The nice thing about this method is that it will work with wire, stretch cord or thread.
First, I attached my stringing material (which is wire in my case) to one of my jump rings.
Then I started stringing beads on the first strand. Once I got to the desired length, I attached the strand to the second jump ring. I repeated this for all the strands.
Once all the strands were strung with beads and secured at both ends to the jump rings, I attached the eye pins to each closed jump ring. Since I had large holes on my bead cone, I needed to add a bead to the eye pins, before I could put eye pin through the bottom of the bead cone. This next picture shows the eye pin before I attached it to the jump rings.
I added another bead at the top, for design purposes.
Then attached the eye pins to the clasp by bending the eye pin right above the black beads and forming a loop, then wrapped the little tail around the eye pin under the loop and that's it. Here is a link to a beading website that shows you that technique, since I failed at taking good pictures while I was doing it.