Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Friday, February 25, 2011

STASH CHALLENGE: Graham Crackers

A few months ago, I found a new food blog to love: Two Peas and Their Pod. A lot of their recipes appeal to me. Their Homemade Graham Cracker recipe is one of the recipes I printed and STASHED during the busy Christmas season. So, for the STASH challenge, I figured I'd get the recipe out and make a batch. I've never made or eaten homemade graham crackers before, but my whole family LOVES graham crackers, so I had to give them a try. Plus, I had all the ingredients on hand. Go here to see the original post and the recipe. Here are some pictures I took of the process. This is what the dough looked like in my Bosch when it was finished:

The recipe says to refrigerate the dough for one hour. I put it in the fridge overnight. It was very firm and hard to work with until it warmed up and softened. Next time, I will only refrigerate it for one hour.

We made heart shaped-crackers in keeping with the love theme for February. Some, we sprinkled with cinnamon sugar; others, we left plain. We liked them both ways. Next time, we'll have to make some S'mores out of them like they did at Two Peas and Their Pod.

Here is the finished product.

My children raved about the crackers, and I will definitely make them again. I especially appreciate the absence of preservatives and high fructose corn syrup in the homemade version!