GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Friday, February 11, 2011

STASH Challenge- Knitted Lace

I've been dying to try my hand at some lace knitting, so, inspired by this challenge, I dug into my stash and found a ball of thin-ish, not laceweight, mohair yarn in a cranberry color. The color, and proximity to Valentine's Day, made me wish for a lace pattern with a heart-type motif. I found a couple of really obvious heart patterns, but they weren't really lace, and they were way too cutesy for me. Then I found the Silky Alpaca Scarf pattern on Ravelry, not exactly a heart, but just close enough to suggest the shape. It was my first lace pattern, and it went really well. I'm ready to try my hand at something more complicated, and maybe this time have enough yarn to make a full length scarf. I didn't gauge this one, so I ended up with about and 18x18" square. It won't work as a scarf, but it's the perfect size to adorn the front of a pillow.