GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Saturday, February 12, 2011

STASH Challenge: Valentine Hearts

As I said yesterday, my girls have been dying to try out the bleach pen art. I found this post on the blog Sweet Mamu where she used a slightly different technique than free-handing- she used contact paper as a resist to create a negative image. My girls wanted Valentine themed shirts to wear to an upcoming Valentine's Day party, so hearts were the obvious theme. I cut out the hearts for them, they placed them on the shirts, and drew around them with the bleach pen. The bleach bled under the contact paper, as I suspected it would, so the effect wasn't as clean as it could have been, but they still came out very nice, more in a blurry tie-dye kind of way. And it's always fun to see the next generation of crafters experimenting and developing their skills.