GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Underground Railroad Quilt


After following this blog and with a little prodding--(from Dora) I thought I would get involved and become a 'Show Tell Share" blogger. I have just finished a quilt that took over 12 months to put together--doing a block every month in a group. It was a fun adventure because we learned many things about the Underground Railroad that was created when slaves were trying to escape to a better life. The blocks are a roadmap of where it was safe for the slaves to travel. When one type was displayed on the clothesline they slaves would know exactly where to go. It was a very sooo much fun to learn about that period of time. I finished most of it---but then it got put away and I finally got it out--finished quilting and putting the binding on and now its ready to hang or use on my table.