Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Warm and Cold Colors Necklace and Bracelet Set

I was hooked from the first moment I saw the few Red Magma Swarovski crystals I ordered.  After I used up my meager stash, I wanted more. I have been thinking about what other colors I could pair it with. Most of the time, when it comes to jewelry, my color choice is 'safe'. I usually do not take risks, and try to stay away from anything that would really stand out or attract attention. I play it 'safe' by using earthy tones or using colors that are similar to each other. I pair browns, reds, tans & copper for example. Lately though, I am more and more willing to get out my comfort zone. I have had this set exists in my imagination for a while now. I even had all the beads I needed.  But something had to 'click' for me sit down and bring it to life. Not sure what it was. I just felt ready, almost antsy for the last few days. I kept looking at the cabinet I keep my beading supplies in. I have not had a chance to sit down and take my beads out. But finally, I could not stand it any longer. I had to do it, and I would not wait until the kids were in bed. Thanks to my almost 2 year old son's 'help' it took me longer and I still have stray beads I need to find. But it is done. It feels really good. And I love the colors. They work together really well.

Here is a list of what I used:

Red Magma Swarovski crystals
Crystal Silver Shade Swarovski beads
Crystal Silver Night Swarovski beads
Light Grey Swarovski pearls
Midnight Swarovski pearls
Gunmetal plated chain, spacers, beads, bead caps, clasps


linked up to Made By You Mondays