GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baby Gifts 2

In the last remaining hours of the "pack-up-the-sewing-stuff-because -we're -moving-in-less-than-2-weeks" deadline, I managed to finish the diaper bag for my sister-in-law. I had the diaper changing pad ready for a while, just needed to finish up the bag. I am mailing them in the morning. That's one less thing to worry about. All of my craft supplies are packed up. Well, almost. I did find a couple of circular needles and some hand painted sock yarn hiding behind my craft cabinet. They must have fallen there a while ago. I think I can get away with knitting a pair of socks during all this chaos. It is my only way to de-stress right now. I digress.

The diaper bag.
I followed the Hip Mama Diaper Bag Tutorial. Mostly. I skipped the zippered back pocket and on the side I pleated the top a bit, since it felt too big and wide. I am thinking about making a version for myself. After we move of course.
I loved making this changing pad. It was a lot of fun. Jill's amazing tutorial is perfect. I used regular vinyl, not iron on and I just put white felt in the middle for padding. That's what I had on hand and it worked great. I also made my own bias tape to match the set. The striped material is what I used for lining the diaper bag, by the way.

linked up to
Tip Junkie handmade projects