Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jewelry Clay Pendant

After I made the Clay Rose Bracelet, I knew I found another craft I want pursue. Although,  I had to wait  making colorful clay canes, meant to be sliced and turned into gorgeous beads, flowers or buttons. Right now my attention is needed for more pressing matters, like moving or fixing my knee. Knowing that under normal circumstances I would spend every spare moment learning about my new obsession, I had to satisfy my craving with one more quick project before I packed up the few supplies I got.

I have always liked simple designs, shapes and just a few colors when it comes to pendants. Something like this.
 All I used was Pardo jewelry clay, a knife, 1 small leaf cookie cutter, a rolling pin from the kids' Play-Doh bucket, a 9 mm jump ring and a drop of Gorilla glue.

 1. After warming up the clay and rolling it in my palm for a few minutes to soften it up, I rolled it out about 1/8 inch thick, and cut 2 rectangles. Using the smallest cookie cutter I had on hand, I cut a leaf out of one of the rectangles.
2. Condition green clay, roll it out to 1/8 inch thick, cut 1 leaf shape out and insert it in the silver clay rectangle. Pretty simple. Next I just put the other silver rectangle behind. This is really not required, you could just make 1 rectangle (just make it thicker), I wanted the pendant to have design on one side and be plain on the other.
3. Added a few details with a toothpick to the leaf and baked it according to the directions on the package.
4. Glue jump ring to the back.
That's it. Now you can use it any way you want. I made a matching necklace out of labradorite and green garnet stones.