sewed it on and finally decorated each with fabric paints (some rather ancient ones from my stash collection), lace, ribbon, fabric scraps and a very long chain of hand-knitted yarn.
Here's the green ones:
1. gold liner paint, scalloped and swirled
plus ribbons made of gold lamé and green organza
2. flowers made with fabric liner paints and butterflies made from fabric scraps
...and here are 7 of the other 8!
3. a long hand-knitted chain (made by one of my kids years ago!) of multi-colored yarn and hand-sewn on
4. swirls of fabric paints5. the first skirt I made completely - with lace
8. with fabric paints and 9. with fabric paint liners
Hopefully, I'll get a photo soon to show you all of the dancers in their skirts, both this way and the other. I thought I'd get this posted at least and I'm quite pleased how they all turned out.
linked up to