Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Friday, April 29, 2011

Mother-Daughter Skirt and a REASON TO CELEBRATE!

On a recent trip to Hobby Lobby I fell in love with a a beautiful print by Brother Sister Studio. I knew it was not me, but I loved the colors and the print and still bought some anyways, hoping that I will find a good home for it. The opportunity presented itself fairly quickly. I friend of mine was celebrating her birthday. I knew she would look great in it and she also has an adorable little girl. I had enough fabric to make a skirt for both of them.
This is the mom's skirt. I made the top band with smocking along with a thin elastic waist band. The smocking is about 4 inches long.

And a fun bouncy skirt for her daughter.
I added the triple top stitched line almost as an afterthought to both of the hems and I really like how it turned out. I also had a little bit of fabric left, just enough to make 2 more itty-bitty skirts and I gave the leftover fabric to one of the blog authors, in the hopes that she will make something cute for her little girls. Yes, I am a shameless manipulator.

On a different note, today is a big day! April 29.... I have been waiting for this day for a few weeks, although we decided not to make a big fuss over it, you just can't help but be a bit excited. It is not everyday that an adorable, much loved, sometimes a bit rebellious.....

                                                                                                                                                                        little boy turns 2! (Did you think I was talking about someone else? In my defense, he took April 29, much earlier than Will and Kate, so today is all about him. I will catch up on the famous couple later.)

linked up to
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

The DIY Show Off

A Marvelous Mess

Tip Junkie handmade projects