Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Too Pink

My very cute brand new nephew arrived not long ago. I made a few gifts for his mom. A nursing cover, diaper bag and a diaper changing mat. She was very happy with how they turned out (she picked the fabric, I just sewed) and asked me if I could recover the car seat cover she had, since it was too pink for a boy.

Yes, definetely too pink.

 I readily agreed since I always like a challenge, something to test my skills. I got the car seat cover and canopy in the mail and started working on it. According to her wishes I used the same fabrics she picked out for her gifts and it was much easier than I hoped. I took pictures and started taking apart the car seat cover, then used the pieces to make a pattern. I used the original batting and just recovered it. Simple.

                                         Now it definitely works for a boy, don't you think?

With some scrap fabric I made a quick birthday gift for one my nieces, a hairband to match her baby brother's colors.

p.s.: I made a matching canopy too, but forgot to take pictures. You will just have believe me when I say, it turned out nice.

linked up to
Today's Creative Blog

Tip Junkie handmade projects