GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Monday, May 2, 2011

5 Minute Memory Wire Bracelets

I have to say, I never used Memory Wire. Not until I stumbled upon an idea while visiting my local bead store. I saw a necklace there that looked interesting. It looked like a floating bead necklace, except I could tell  it was not clear beading wire that was used, but something else, that really defined the round shape of the necklace. After closer examination, I discovered that it was Memory Wire, covered with clear tubing. I did not really care for the clear tubing, but as I was browsing, I noticed they carried colored jewelry tubes. That's all I needed and an idea was born.  


                                                              Simple memory wire bracelets.

Here is the supplies and tool you need other than beads.

 Heavy duty wire cutter (yes, Memory Wire is tough to cut and you will damage your wire cutter), pick either a chain nose pliers or round nose pliers.
 First I cut a full circle from the Memory Wire.
 Then I added beads and cut the tubing.
 Put tubing on the exposed wire...
 then using pliers, I made a loop on one end and
 a small hook on the other. That's it. You're done. I think it was done in less than 5 minutes. The next 2 pictures just show you how I tweaked the hook to curve up a bit, it was easier to put on that way.

 Here are the bracelets I made. I have layered several together or worn them one at a time. They are fun, easy and quick to make. What's not to love?




linked up to
Tip Junkie handmade projectsChic on a Shoestring Decorating UndertheTableandDreaming