Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Diagonal -- Fence inspiration

We share a very ugly old fence with our back-yard neighbors. It is discolored and warped and sags in places. Every day I look out of my kitchen windows at The Fence, and it makes me feel gray and saggy too.


This spring I decided to transform The Fence into a thing of beauty that will brighten my view. A home improvement store had a special on wooden lattice, which my husband kindly nailed all along a large section of the sad old Fence. I bought three beautiful climbing rose bushes -- two white and one red. The white roses bookmark the ends of the lattice, and the red rose is in the center. My plan is to train the rose canes along the lattice to make a beautiful bower that will invigorate and inspire me. Wish me luck!

Oh, and if anyone has extra tips for caring for and training climbing roses (in large containers), please share!