GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Monday, May 30, 2011

I CAN KNIT!!

Once upon a time I took a Creative Stitching class my last semester in college. I LOVED it. I learned many many forms of hand stitchery. It felt like we learned all but one, knitting! I must say I was a bit let down, but oh well, I came away from the class able to do many things that have come in handy over the years. 
The pang of disappointment was renewed when I used dishcloths that were a gift to my mother-in-law. I loved them! I thought "I want to make these" and then I learned that they were knitted. Rats!
Fast forward to last week when I saw a knitted dishcloth posted on this very blog, by one very good friend who lives not too far from me. I thought "THAT'S IT! I AM GOING TO LEARN HOW TO KNIT!" After Dora gave me a basic lesson on knitting and the help of youtube videos I was able to create my very first hand knitted dishcloth all on my own.
I really am so excited that I knit!!!!! I think I could knit dishcloths for the rest of my life and die a happy person. It is a great project that is quick even for a beginner. And who cares if it is not perfect, it's for wiping down counters! I can't wait to clean :)

Here are some items that I have filed away under "if I could knit, I'd make..." category:

Are these not the cutest scarfs? Forget how cute it would be to see my kids use these, I would totally wear one!


I came across this cute owl sweater during my search for cute owl ideas.



These are the closest I could find to a pair of mittens I remember having when I was a kid.  






linked up to
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating UndertheTableandDreaming The DIY Show Off