Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Treat and Poem

My preschool-age son came home from a co-op playgroup yesterday with this cute Mother's Day treat for me. I thought it would be fun to share here.

This poem was attached to the back of the bag:

In this bag of goodies you will find,
Reasons that make you one-of-a-kind.
The PRETZELS are for the twists in life you've helped me thorugh,
Teaching me by example, the right things to do.
For all the times I've driven you "NUTS,"
But, if needed, your door was never shut.
Times when I've made you mad, but still you'd forgive,
So the MARSHMALLOWS are for the squishy hugs you always give.
RAISINS are for the wrinkles that will come your way,
But I still hope to be like you someday.
M&Ms for all the times it's just mom and me,
I'm so glad I'm yours for eternity!
This bag makes a yummy mix which can become a big mess,
Luckily, I know it will get cleaned, because my mom's the best!

The poem was attached to the above treat mix. Each ingredient is mentioned in the poem, so I typed the treat mix ingredients in ALL CAPS, including the M&Ms (they were typed in bold in the poem). Just add the desired amounts together and mix! A yummy way to help mom feel special! Happy Mother's Day to all the women who read this!

linked up to
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating