I really wanted to make a purse out of the Diagonal Chevron fabric. I knew deep down it was not a good idea. I already have 4 handbags I made in the last 6 months. I have 3 more cut out, waiting to be sewn together. After some pondering and looking around to see what I needed, instead of wanted, I decided that my scripture case (which is 16 years old) is in a sad enough condition to be replaced by a homemade version without any guilt whatsoever. I measured, kind of planned, cut and sewed all the pieces together for a simple tote. I included 3 pockets inside and 4 pencil/marker holders. I made it a bit bigger than my LDS quadruple set, to be able to fit a Book of Mormon in there in Hungarian too. There is still room in there for a few small items, such as a granola bar, a few Matchbox cars or a small notebook and some crayons. Be prepared! ( I have scouts. And future scouts. And I am a Cub Scout leader...) Anyways, I am happy with it. It is functional, it is something I needed and I like how it looks.
linked up to