Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Sunday, June 5, 2011

End of year apron

This year I was class mom for my son's kindergarten class. He had a good teacher, and it's customary for the class mom to coordinate an end-of-year thank you gift from the class for the teacher. It's usually in the form of a gift card or plant, but I thought how much more meaningful it would be for her to have something to actually remember each of the kids by. So I made her an apron.

I cut hand shapes from heat transfer material with my Silhouette and ironed them onto the fabric that would become the white apron skirt. At the Valentine's party I secretly had each child sign his or her name to a handprint. The message on the bib of the apron says, "Mrs. Z's Helping Hands 2010-2011."

We presented it to her on the last day of school. The kids were excited because they felt that they had been part of making it, and she laughingly told us that she could tell whose handprint was whose from their individual handwriting alone. I don't think she'll forget this class. : )

linked up to Home Sweet Farm's Crafty Friday
The DIY Show Off
Tip Junkie handmade projects