GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hanging Book Display - WALL challenge

Since we are not living in our own home, I am limited to what we can do with our walls. We are also here temporary and do not want to add more work when we leave. Therefore I was not sure if I could participate in this challenge. We do have one area though, that I have been wanting to cover up a bit.
 Can you see that long line above my son's bed?
It was like that when we moved in, wall shelves used to be there. The bunk bed covers up the lower part, but not the top. How do you cover up an area like that other than painting over it? Well, after some browsing I happened upon a hanging book display idea. I wanted to make it 60 inches long to cover up the entire area and use existing holes, but I could not find a dowel that long anywhere. I made the hanging book display at the beginning of the month but it is still not up. I decided to go ahead and post it anyways. I still have to figure out what to do with the remaining wall parts, the book display is only 36 inches long, but it will work for now. My son who sleeps on the top bunk got to design his book display, with pockets for his glasses and other items he may want to have nearby. He picked the fabric, the colors etc.

Here is a link to the original tutorial I used and you can also see how one looks on the wall.
Tip: Do not try Home Depot, Anna's Linen's or other stores for the double curtain bracket. Head to Lowe's.