GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Playing With Dynamic Views

A couple of nights ago I stayed up too late playing around on Blogger. I happened upon Dynamic Views.  I was debating if I should write about it, but then I saw it popping up on other blogs' posts, so I figured I am not the only one who thought this was cool!
 OK, it is really simple. All you need to do is go to your favorite blog's homepage. For example Show,Tell,Share. Find the URL at the top, which should look like this : http://showtellshare.blogspot.com/  add this right after the URL view/flipcard and hit enter. This is what it should look like:


How about another view? Like Mosaic?


A quick and easy way to change views is to just hover over the current view button and choose from the drop down... (this is timeslide by the way).

I think Snapshot is my favorite:

It only works if the blog author has the right settings... I made sure it works on ours!

You want to know how to make sure you have Dynamic Views on your blog?  Just follow these steps from blogger help:

"These dynamic views will work on your blog if all of the following are true:




  • Your blog is public. Your readers don’t need to sign in to view your blog.











  • Your blog has feeds fully enabled. In the Settings | Site feed tab, you have enabled either Full or Jump Break for your Post Feed.











  • You have not disabled dynamic views. In the Setting | Formatting tab, the option for Enable Dynamic Views is set to Yes.








  • If any of the above conditions are not true, users who attempt to access dynamic views for your blog will instead be taken to a landing page and redirected to your original blog in a few seconds."

    linked up to:
    Chic on a Shoestring Decorating