Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Restyled Maternity Dress

I thought I got rid of all of my maternity clothes after boy #4 was born, but I found 2 dresses in a box. I did consider donating them, but I remembered how much I liked to wear them and thought about refashioning the dresses. One of them was a light and breezy 100% linen tie-back dress. Perfect for the summer.

I measured 28 inches from the bottom, and cut it. I removed the ties from the sides and added a bit of elastic to connect them. (I know, this is not the one from this dress, but occasionally I forget to take pictures.)

 Then I just ironed down the top twice, marked a simple buttonhole for the front for the drawstring.  Made the buttonhole, sewed down the waist, added the ties for drawstring and
now I have a light and breezy, 100% linen drawstring skirt. Perfect for the summer!

linked up to: Home Sweet Farm's Crafty Friday
UndertheTableandDreaming The DIY Show Off

Tip Junkie handmade projects