GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rubber Ducky, You're the One.





I was asked to decorate for a baby shower that was thrown this last Saturday. My goal was to NOT spend a lot of time and money. I am so glad people share their great ideas on the Internet, it makes projects like these so much easier and  stress-free! Here's the link to the baby shower theme I chose to go with: Rubber Duckies. What I loved was part of the decorations was actually my gift to her; diapers, lotion, powder, shampoo, duckies. 


I had two vases that I thought would be a great substitute for the clear glass fishbowls--they weren't. They looked crowded and funny, but loved how they looked with a duck floating in water. Instead I used various sizes of my white bowls, one particularly looks like a bathtub to me. The items I did need to buy, that did not go towards my gift, were the "bubbles". The floating glass "bubbles" are a must in making these bubble bath decorations adorable. The idea is that you can purchase them at "various floral, candle and craft stores" HA! Since I didn't have time to buy them from online stores, I knew they were going to be hard to find. I called around and got a lot of silence on the other end of the phone. When I was on the phone to Michael's, I asked if by chance they had any glass Christmas ornaments out, thinking that could be a good replacement. This was her answer: "Why yes, we are actually having a Christmas in July sale right now." WoO-HOo! I just took the metal tops off and mixed them with the Styrofoam balls.  

(sorry for the poor photos, they are from my phone)
 (The shower was not at my house, this is just the collection.)


With all the stuff I was loading up in my car I forgot my camera, so again...phone shots:(
I love that I got to use my garage sale find. I usually have these milk jars in my kitchen window.

I also already had the glass flat marbles, from a previous project. 
They made cute water drops.

 Using my exacto knife skills:




I thought it would be cute to have yellow/clear/white balloons out front with a bubble blower to greet our guests, but I'll just pretend that's what I did.


Linking up at these great parties:

The DIY Show Off
Tip Junkie handmade projects








Chic on a Shoestring Decorating