Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Jumbo Seersucker Skirt

Seersucker is a thin, all-cotton fabric, great for the spring and summer. It is woven in with some of the threads bunching together, which gives the fabric a wrinkled look. You do not need to iron it. It is hard to ignore fabric that does not need to be ironed.  I was ordering some seersucker fabric for my boys, when I saw jumbo seersucker. I quickly added 1 1/2 yards to my basket and boy, am I glad I did! I love the texture! And it is so comfortable, cool and breezy. Perfect for a hot and humid summer.

 Right after I loaded the pictures I noticed that someone, who-will-not-be-named, but I can tell you that he is not much older than 2 years, got a hold of the camera -again- and messed with the date stamp.
Which I have turned off. And now it is back on again. And I have no clue how to turn it off again. Maybe I should ask above mentioned nameless 2 year old to help me out. Anyways, for now the date stamp stays and I get to pretend that I made this skirt 3 years ago!
 Look at that texture! I regret I did not order more, in other colors.

I added some decorative stitching on the hem with a burnt orange thread. You really cannot see it from afar, it is more for me to know that it is there.

(Finally, I was able to remove the date stamp!)The top of the skirt is fitted, and I gathered the bottom. I wish I could let you feel how comfortable this material is...and how fun the jumbo seersucker texture is!

Tip Junkie handmade projects

The DIY Show Off