Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Friday, July 29, 2011

NEW Challenge: Children's Bracelet

I have never been big on wearing jewelry. I don't even have my ears pierced. But this month's challenge is on  NEW, so I thought I'd take a crack at making jewelry. The future goal I have in mind for learning how to create jewelry is to replicate the necklace I wore for my wedding. I sadly misplaced it and it would be nice to have it back in a way. But before I do that, I thought I'd start out small and make a simple bracelet for my two little girls.
Dora, another author on this blog was my resource. It was definitely easier to to be taught by a expert, instead of figuring it out all on my own.  

 I used a very basic pattern with a heart shaped clasp.

 What I learned:
  • I am lost browsing bead stores on the web. I really need to see and touch. 
  • Color can be deceiving. The pink beads I picked were just a bit too pink for my liking, but they were the softest pink at the store. Once strung with the silver spacers and crystals, it softened to the perfect touch of pink I was wanting.
  • Crimp pliers are fun to use and a necessary tool for jewelry making. 

We Shared This Post At These Parties. (Click on the link to see all these wonderful blogs and make sure you hop over for a visit. They are worth it!)