I suppose we should have drained them more since they were pretty wavy in the morning after I had left them out to dry. A little spraying with water and some heat from the iron fixed that mostly. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take any photos, but there are plenty of tutorials online.
I made a second batch by myself a few days later, this time adding some yellow rose petals and some other dried seeds and leaves to the mixture.
In essence, paper making is not hard to do, but I would have to learn and experiment a lot more to get a consistently good piece of paper. The ones I made would not be good for drawing or writing. These do have a lovely feel, a homemade look and a nice grainy texture, and I'll enjoy using them for cards, tags, bookmarks or covers for books. Maybe I'll do some embroidery on them first; that would be a neat way to add more texture.
linking up to these great parties: