GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Holiday Challenge: Stocking Collection Complete!

Our two year-old will have his very own stocking this Christmas! I made it this afteroon in just over an hour, which made me wonder how and why I didn't fit it in during the holidays the past two years. But, sometimes during the holidays, even an hour is hard to come by.


I used quilted red fabric for the body of the stocking.
I would share more details on how to make these fun, jumbo-sized stockings if quilted fabric was easier to find for purchase. I bought that red fabric almost 15 years ago and have not been able to find any Christmas-y quilted fabric for years. I had to quilt the fabric for the top and toe myself.





If it wasn't so much work to get to all the Christmas decorations, I would've pulled out all the stockings (there are now 6!) and lined them all up for a photo. Our stockings all have red bodies and coordinating but different fabrics for the toes and tops of the stockings, so we can tell them apart.


It's been fun to read about and see all of the holiday items you've been making! I'll post again tomorrow to announce the August Challenge winner!



  We share most of our posts at THESE parties. Please click on the link to see these wonderful blogs and make sure you hop over for a visit!
This post was shared at:
Tip Junkie handmade projectsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe DIY Show Off