GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chunky Summer Blue Turquoise Bracelet

 I have had these chunky summer blue turquoise nugget beads for a while. I made a bracelet out of them with copper, which I really like. I wanted to make one more. As I was rummaging through my beads, I found some smooth carnelian chip beads. The colors complimented each other so well,


I sat down to put them together. That was a few weeks ago. I was not able to finish it, because I had trouble finding the right base metal beads I wanted to use. I did not have any that I was happy with no matter what combination I tried. They were all too small and delicate and dwarfed by the large chunky turquoise.
 Finally, after a random trip to Hobby Lobby, I noticed  different large metal rings and beads. I grabbed a few bags and knew they would work just right. I was right! The balance between the different sizes is perfect.
At least, in my opinion.

I love how the colors work together.













  We share most of our posts at THESE parties. Please click on the link to see these wonderful blogs and make sure you hop over for a visit!




This post was shared at:
Tip Junkie handmade projectsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe DIY Show Off