GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Saturday, September 24, 2011

I love Kaftans...



I did an earlier post about kaftans and where they originate, and showed a kaftan I made for my husband. He has, by the way, actually been wearing it around the house when he wants something cool to wear- (cool can be used either way....)


Here are a couple kaftans I made for myself in the past that follow the same idea.
The blue one uses some fabric that originally had the border on one side of the fabric. I cut the fabric lengthwise down the middle and flipped them so that the borders show on the front, and the non-border edges show on the back. It took a little mental effort, but I figured it out. Not too hard.
The Green and purple kaftan has elastic sewn underneath the bust. The sides have been sewn from the elastic area down to the bottom corners like an upside down 'v'.
Come check out my other creations in my etsy shop!




We share most of our posts at THESE parties. Please click on the link to see these wonderful blogs and make sure you hop over for a visit!
This post was shared at:
Tip Junkie handmade projectsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe DIY Show Off