GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cultures: Kuwait

I love to explore other cultures and their traditions in dress. I'm really enjoying living down in a suburb to a large city. I go to the grocery store or to Walmart and see a man with a turban on or beautiful Indian women in a sari or salwar kameez. I really enjoy the cultural diversity near a large city.
A few years ago I found an online store that was putting most of the items on clearance. The physical store was located in Kuwait. I bought a bunch of head scarves even though I am not Muslim.
The head scarf is called a Hijab and many come with 2 pieces that are shaped like tubes and made of stretchy material.
See the photo below that I just got off ebay.
The one I'm wearing in the picture has ties in the sides that tie behind the neck and is one piece.
The long dress is called a Jilbab- I made this one.




We share most of our posts at THESE parties. Please click on the link to see these wonderful blogs and make sure you hop over for a visit!
This post was shared at:
Home Stories A2ZTip Junkie handmade projectsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe DIY Show Off