Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Baking Soda Clay Heart Ornaments

I'm pretty pleased with how nicely these little heart ornaments from baking soda clay turned out. I posted the recipe for Baking Soda Clay earlier and this clay works very nicely if you do your modelling within a week of making. I like the clean white color of this clay and the beaded patterns - made with the help of a toothpick - stand out well. I got the inspiration for these ornaments from these lovely porcelain ornaments on Etsy.

I might make some more of them
and add little drops/lines of food coloring to the shaped-but-not-dried ornaments
to do a bit of marbling on them, like these beautiful decorated heart cookies
OR I might try doodling on the dried ornaments with markers, a la Zentangle style: