Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Friday, December 30, 2011

Buon appetito!


Last night I made pasta for dinner using my new pasta maker. Hubs gave me the Atlas 150 for Christmas this year. After watching lots of youtube videos, I dived in. I used a recipe from a video that made the whole process look really easy. 
Egg Pasta:
3 1/4 all-purpose flour
dash of salt
4 eggs

I ended up using a bit more flour and almost 5 eggs. I fiddled with the dough till I was happy with the consistency. Maybe I should of kneaded more before I decided it was too dry, but I was happy with my choice. After lots and lots of kneading (approx. 15 min) I came out with a nice size ball of dough. It was VERY easy. 

I am sorry I didn't take more pictures of the process of rolling out the dough. My settings go from 0 - 9. The instructions left me on my own, they were pretty minimal. I went pretty thin, up to 8 of the 9. 
For my first time, it looks like I know what I'm doing :) Isn't it pretty!

And here comes the fun part. It is SO cool. 

Ta-Da!! Pretty, pretty homemade spaghetti noodles.

It really takes no time to cook. It's crazy. Apparently, I can dry the pasta out really well using my little tree rack and have them for use just like store bought pasta. 

Here it is ready to eat. It was a success. The fam ate it up. I also served homemade meatballs. 

After dinner, hubby and I used the remainder dough and ran another cycle. This time we only ran the dough through till we got to the 4 (maybe 5) setting. We ran it through the same spaghetti attachment and ended up with much thicker noodles.