GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reader Favorites from 2011

I suppose the urge to look back and take stock, to measure and quantify and look over what we've done over the past year is somewhat cliched, but nevertheless irresistible, at least to me.  I enjoy checking our blog stats anyway, to see what strikes a chord with people, which sites are the most effective at steering traffic our way, etc.  So I thought it'd be fun here, at the end of the year, to see which posts you, our readers, visited the most in 2011.  Since we have multiple blog authors I've made two lists, one that shows the five most visited posts overall, according to our stats counter, and one that shows the most visited post by each contributor.  Each of the ladies that contributes to the blog is so talented, and each brings different things to table.  It was fun, and sometimes surprising, to see which of their posts got the most hits. It's a good thing I had quantifiable stats with which to compile this list, because I could never pick out my favorites, there are too many to choose from.  I'm grateful to be in the midst of so much creative inspiration, and I'm grateful to our readers for, well, reading.  Speaking for myself, just knowing that people will look at the things I post is such a great motivator to do more, and do it better.  I've learned new skills and definitely improved my ratio of started vs. finished projects, and for that I thank you.

So, without further rambling, here are the five most visited posts blog-wide from last year, in descending order:






And the top posts by contributor, in alphabetical order:

DORA


IDEALEON
Simple Brown Skirt


JANICE
Stray Sock Doll Tutorial


KRISTIN
Ring Bearer Pillow


LORI
Peppermint Topiary Trees


RACHEL

WENDY
Exact-O Art

It's a great list, and of course there were so other great and even wildly popular projects that didn't make the list.  What were your favorites?  If you follow the blog, what was that post that made you think, "Hey, I want to see more of what these ladies are doing, I'm going to follow this blog and read it every day!"?