Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Crocheted Scarf

I did it! I finally turned my soft and snuggly Lion Brand Homespun yarn into a soft and snuggly scarf! And although it took me longer than 90 minutes (as was 'advertised' on, I will admit that I ripped it out multiple times because I was inept at turning and counting. (Okay, I was trying to watch some movies at the same time.) I also made it twice as wide. But the extra width covers my neck very well and it is super warm.

My wider version of Craftdisaster's pattern:
Using a 10.0mm hook and Lion Brand's Homespun yarn, I chained 20 for the base and then double crocheted (dc) across the row, starting in the 3rd chain from the hook. To turn (which I suspect I did incorrectly, but it resulted in that nice scalloped look), I turned my work over, chained 3 and then did 18 dc's across, starting after the 3 chains. (I think that I probably should have chained 21 at the beginning to do 18 dc's to have straight sides, but I'm not quite experienced enough to be sure. That will happen some day I hope!)

Have a super day!