Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lemon-Rosemary Cookies

Lemon-Rosemary Cookies

I made these awesome cookies over the Christmas holidays to give them to family members and neighbors . It seemed kind of strange at first to mix up something as savory as Rosemary into the cookies but believe me, they are worth it ! Plus I am always trying to think out of the box when it comes to cooking, I guess I get bored too easily. Or I am just too spoiled by my family ( both of my brothers are chefs, one in Scotland the other in Hungary ). So I guess I'm also trying to show them that I could cook something edible too : ) My point is, try things that seem weird or strange at first, you might be surprised how delicious these concussions turn out to be.

Lemon-Rosemary cookies

1 c butter ( softened)
3/4 c sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs chopped, fresh rosemary
2 tsp grated lemon zest
2 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt

Mix the butter, egg, sugar until creamy. Add remaining ingredients, then let the dough chill in the fridge for an hour. Heat oven to 375 F . Make little dough balls and place them on cookie sheet, bake them for 10-12 min. I like my cookies on the chewy side and my oven has a mind of it's own and if I don't pay attention to her she becomes very temperamental, so I took the cookies out at 10 min. Let them cool and sprinkle them with powdered sugar. They are so beautiful to look at and they taste amazing!

BTW I named my oven Gertrude.