Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pattern and Instructions For Roll-Up (Wood Carving) Tool Case

I was asked by one of our readers to share the pattern for the simple wood carving tool case I made for my son. With small adjustments in size you can customize this for anything: markers, knitting needles, crochet hooks, crayons, play tool set etc.

 Since I did not take pictures of the process, I get to show off my amazing drawing skills....

Material list:

  • double fold bias tape
  • lining (I used canvas)
  • fabric (I used faux leather)
  • quilter's cotton batting or felt
  • 2 D-rings
  • 1 inch elastic

Cutting Directions:

body - cut 22 x 11 inch rectangle from the lining, fabric, and felt or batting

pocket - cut from lining 11.5 x 4.5 inch rectangle

flap - cut from lining 13 x 4 inch rectangle

strap - cut from fabric (outside fabric) 18 x 3 inch rectangle

elastic - cut two 5 inch pieces and one 11 inch piece


The links will take you to a PDF version of the following picture instructions.

#1-2 : Round corners.
#3-4: Sew on the bias tape.

To make the strap, refer to this previous post. Here is some additional pictures for reference. Hope this helps!

This post was shared at:
Home Stories A2ZTip Junkie handmade projectsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe DIY Show Off