GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Monday, January 16, 2012

Reversible Bag

{ If you subscribe, you got the first bit of this post already thanks to my 2 year old, who cleverly figured out how to publish a post, while I was working on it.} 



This simple bag was inspired by drawstring bags. I have always liked the simplicity of drawstring bags.  I was doodling around one day, trying to figure out how to make a drawstring bag have a more grown-up look, but still keeping the casual side also....and slowly this bag began to take shape. The drawing has been sitting around for a while and I even forgot about it, until recently I came across my notes (thank goodness for early spring cleaning!) Finally I sat down to make the pattern and a bag. As I was picking the fabric from my stash, I had a hard time choosing. I loved the yellow and the gray fabric too. Sometimes being indecisive works out great, because after spending too much time on trying to figure out if I wanted the mustard yellow linen on the outside or the gray canvas on the outside, it was easier to alter the original pattern to make the bag reversible.





















This post was shared at:
Home Stories A2ZTip Junkie handmade projectsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe DIY Show Off