GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

YARN ALONG

I am joining in the Yarn Along along with Rachel. I always think about posting in-progress pictures of projects, but I never get around to. This is great excuse and maybe it'll even motivate me to finish them sooner!

On my nightstand:
 Feelings Burried Alive Never Die - I am going to be the first to admit that I have a lot of emotional baggage. While I may not agree with everything the author says, in general I do believe that  thoughts and attitude shape our choices, who we become and our future. I was born in a country famous for depression and its citizens' negative attitude. Since moving to the USA, I did change. I was able to gain some ground on controlling my negative side, but in recent years the challenges I have been facing have left a huge emotional mark and I feel I lost the balance I gained. I am about 1/4 through the book, so far so good.
Suite Francaise - I started this book a few years ago and never finished it. It got lost in a pile of stuff only to be found recently. This book is a hidden gem. 1940, Paris. The Nazis are pushing into Paris to occupy it. I love how vividly the author describes the different emotions and how people can do things they never imagined doing in extreme circumstances. 
The Cleansing of America - I am a fan of W.C. Skousen and his work. His understanding of the gospel is inspiring.
The Crafter's Guide to Taking Great Photos - just got it! I hope to improve my photography skills. Since I only have a little point and shoot, most photography books are completely useless to me. 
A Murder of Quality - a spy novel. Just barely started. 
Joseph Smith Rough Stone Rolling - Just put it on my nightstand. Seriously. Maybe a couple of hours before I saw Rachel's post. But it is there, which means I will read it. Or at least start.

Now, let's see what's on my needles.
 Box cardigan in the making....with a beautiful self striping cotton yarn!
And socks...super soft merino wool.