Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Print/PDF Button Code for Posts

All you need is a simple widget! The credit for this great find goes to Ruby from ZAABERRY. I have been reading Ruby's blog, she is one talented lady! Make sure you hop over there.  You will not regret visiting her blog.

So, I installed the Button Code, actually to make it clear, I only clicked a couple times and that was it. Took about 30 seconds. Then I played around a bit.

Here is the button , right next to the comments at the end of each post.

Click on it and this is what will pop up:

Now you can just print it if you wish or, click the PDF button and:

You can download a PDF file of the post! 

A great widget and very useful!  A reader contacted me about copyright. She formatted a post with pictures and I told her it was fine, as long as it was for personal use only. She even sent me the formatted version (thank you!) and on a hunch I went to check out the original post. It was all wonky! A lot of our older posts are wonky as it turns out. Last time I changed the layout of our blog, the older posts did not change with it for some reason. I started going back and slowly fixing things, in case anyone else wanted to print posts off and the only thing that's holding them back is the weird layout.  But until I get to all those posts, just use the new PRINT button on a post that's all wonky....and it will be  automatically formatted for you! 

This post was shared at:
Home Stories A2ZTip Junkie handmade projectsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe DIY Show Off     Positively Splendid