GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Friday, June 29, 2012

Scout Messenger Bag

Life has been busy. Nothing fun. Sick kids, laundry, errands, getting ready for scout camp. I have not had much time for anything new or fun. I did get to try out my serger - I love it and I have been using it every chance I get. I was able to whip up 2 pairs of pajama pants in about 30 minutes. Other than doing some mending I was able to make a bag too.

My oldest is heading to scout camp and wanted a messenger bag. He helped design the bag, picked out the colors, the strap and vetoed me every time I tried to talk him into adding a bit of color. Oh well. He likes it as it is, and that's what matters. He packed it ready to go by the time I was able to grab it and take a few pictures. 

 As I was editing the pictures I noticed that the right side of the flap looks all wonky. I grabbed the bag to check - it's fine. Only wrinkles and some of the items in the flap pocket shifted to the side as I was taking the pictures.
Be prepared! Hence the extra pens. 

 Scout book fits perfectly in the large 3-d pocket (I still owe a tutorial on that one, I will do it as soon as I get my house back in order after a week of sick kids.)
Do you like the straps? I got all the straps and buckles and the shoulder pad (did I mention the strap is adjustable?) at STRAPWORKS. I used water resistant cotton duck inside and out. Hopefully he is not going to wear it out too fast.






This post was shared at:
Home Stories A2ZTip Junkie handmade projectsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe DIY Show Off     Positively Splendid