GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer Fun Idea: Making a Prayer Rock

This is an Summer Activity Jar idea I found in The Friend magazine, published for children by our church.  It's a Prayer Rock.  I remember making one when I was a child, so I was tickled when my kids  brought me the instructions and asked to include it in our Jar.
We cleaned rocks we chose from the yard and then painted a base coat.  When the base coat dried, we decorated with different colors, and then finished off with mod podge.  When the rocks had completely dried, we put them on our pillows.

Every night when we pull the covers back to get into bed, the rock is there to remind us to say our personal prayers to Heavenly Father.  Then the rock goes on the floor next to the bed.  When we get out of bed in the morning and step on the rock, it's a reminder to say our morning prayers to start the day.

As you can see, I made a rock with the kids.  Can you tell which one is mine?  I'm loving the extra reminder to make my prayers a higher priority in my day.


Interestingly, a few weeks later my children had the chance to make a second prayer rock at Christ Centered Children's Camp, sponsored by our local congregation!  I say:  The more reminders, the better!  : )

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!