GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer Fun Idea: "Get Smart"-style laser obstacle course

A couple of months ago my husband and I watched the movie Get Smart with Steve Carroll and Anne Hathaway again.  Hilarious!  But definitely not a movie for the kiddos.
A funny scene involves both characters trying to slink through a hall armed with security lasers.  They twist and contort their bodies to avoid being burned by the lasers crisscrossing the room. I knew my kids would get a kick out of the idea, so when I saw a picture later for a kid-friendly re-creation made from yarn and tape, I was all over it!

 
 The only materials needed were a skein of yarn (I chose red to mimic the laser beams), paint-safe tape for the walls, and scissors.
 As our own local spies were slithering through the hall, I played theme songs from Get Smart, Mission Impossible, and The Pink Panther on my phone.  The music made the whole experience twice as fun!
 Our laser hall turned a rainy afternoon indoors into a top-secret mission that lasted the rest of the day.  Three cheers for that!  Thanks to Dana at realdanagentry.blogspot.com for the idea!

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did,