GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Fun Idea: Marshmallow Toothpick Sculptures

For some reason, I had five bags of mini marshmallows hanging out in my pantry.  Clearly I need to keep better inventory lists before I shop...   At any rate, when I saw this idea, I was thrilled to find a use for all those marshmallows:  Marshmallow Toothpick Sculptures!
The sky's pretty much the limit here.  The kids-plus-friends spent a couple of hours building geometrical shapes, buildings and towers, and even a pretty good attempt at a Y-Wing Fighter and the Death Star.  I loved watching the wheels turning in their minds.
Although I tried to get rid of two opened bags of marshmallows this way, we found that the fresh, newly-opened marshmallows were much better for building things.  The older ones were too sticky and weren't stable enough to hold the toothpicks.

So they became the snack.  : )  And no one complained.  Thanks to Amy at The Idea Room for sharing this great idea!

Hope someone else enjoys this as much as we did!