GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Murphy's Law

I am avoiding  blogging, sewing and in general a lot of things I normally do.

 Exhibit # 1:  Part of a large pile of fabric already cut out. If only I could bring myself to sit down and sew.
Exhibit # 2: Small blanket I started a month ago. Not even halfway done. Even though it is a super simple and  quick project.

I was too lazy to take pictures of exhibits # 3-99,99999. So, Murphy's Law. I have 4 great boys. I am over 35. And I have been battling thyroid issues, hormonal imbalance problems (pre-menopausal symptoms) since the last boy was born a few years ago. Really, it was a no-brainer to know that we were done. Over the last 2 years I started giving away, throwing out, baby toys and items, cutting up maternity clothes etc.

I gave away the last 7 large garbage bags full of stuff about 3 months ago. It felt good. I was even asked if I was OK getting rid of the last of the baby stuff and gear and I could honestly say that I felt not even the tiniest bit of regret. I was ready to move on to the next phase of life. About 4 weeks later I found out I was pregnant. It has been the rockiest pregnancy I ever had so far, plus it did not help that I started out with wacky hormones (actually, according to my midwives and OB/GYN, it was a small miracle I was able to get pregnant. )

There you have it. The big reason why this poor blog has been neglected. Why your questions and comments have been unanswered.  I am starting to feel a bit better, there are more good days than bad. And now that the  shock  wore off, I am looking forward to another child to love and hug and kiss, to enjoy again the smell of a newborn baby, to make someone laugh just by looking at them. To have a good reason to sew and knit new baby stuff completely guilt free.  But then we are really done.