GOOD BYE

Show, Tell, Share is no longer an active blog. You can find us at our new homes:
visit Ideleon here
visit Dora & Rachel at Untrendy Life

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pinterest Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup

OK, I have been on Pinterest for a while now along with millions of others.  Thankfully I am not addicted to it, but I did realize that I tend to Pin It and then not look at my boards again.  I get overwhelmed just by the sheer number of new pins I see from people I follow, and trust me, that number is pretty reasonable.

Anyways, I decided to start trying some of my pins. Wouldn't you know that I already found quite a few links that were spam? I also read several blogs that are solely dedicated to trying out pins and blogging about it. Turns out, not everything that glitters is gold. I knew that of course, but it is easy to forget when one is looking at a gorgeous picture of seeming perfection.

Starting with recipes should be fairly foolproof, so here is the first pin I tried:

picture courtesy of http://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-butternut-squash-soup/

It was a  hit with me and my husband. Not so much with the boys. I am on a cilantro and cumin kick right now, so anything with those two ingredients in it is going to pass. But, this soup is really perfect for the fall. My husband, who is a meat lover and likes to stick to true and tried recipes really enjoyed this soup and told me it was a keeper! I left out the jalapeno and cooked it on high to reduce the time. I also added more chicken broth because I used a whole butternut squash and that was way more than the 3 cups the recipe calls for. We had it with shredded Parmesan cheese and a dollop of sour cream.